Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Another movie and America's Got Talent


So last night I watched another movie. This time it was The Queen starring Helen Mirren. I had wanted to see this at the theater but never got around to going so I rented it last night.
Anyway I enjoyed the movie although it wasn't really what I was expecting. I was expecting a story to tell of The Queen of England's life. I suppose it does but only for a very brief period of time. Basically the story is about Tony Blair the Prime Minister of England...elected in May of 1997 and The Queen's interaction from May of 1997 until just after Princess Diana's death.
Helen Mirren played the part to a T and I think really deserved the Oscar she received for the part. Whoever did the makeup and clothes selection for her deserved an award as well because there were times when I forgot she was acting the part of the queen. The movie softened me to Elizabeth a bit and it did make her seem more human. Also it put Prince Charles in a better light than many probably thought during the days after Princess Diana's death. Prince Phillip the Queen's husband though is a very different story...I don't like him at all. If the movie is true than he may well be the hardass if you will of the royal family.
The movie was worth seeing and enjoyable. Gave a good insite from another prespective of those terrible days after Diana's death.
Also watched America's Got Talent on the tube. Is anybody watching this this year? I have watched off and on. They are down to the final 10. last night all 10 performed and 8 will move on next week based on America's vote. The competitaion is tough this year. Most of the finalests are singers. There is also a tumbeling act, a karate/dancing group of guys and a vantrilaquist.
My favorite two acts are a young girl who goes by Butterscotch and makes all these amazing sounds with her voice she sings and makes sounds as well....don't know what exactly they call it but she is very entertaining. I also liked a guy named Cas (forget last name). he is a really good singer and is trying to make it big for his son and wife.....has a great personality and lots of heart. he sang a blues number last night which the judges didn't like so much but I thought was great.
Anyway the show is on NBC again next Tuesday should you want to catch it.

1 comment:

Kelley Nyrae said...

I haven't seen this movie yet.